ABOUT THE PRODUCT
InSchool is the biggest project ever built in Visma. It is an administration system for Norwegian schools which already replaced the majority of current fragmented administration systems and is still expanding its scope through the Norway market. Imagine the system for schools which automates and accelerates daily school routines, like but not limited to complex schedules of timetables, attendances, payrolls, employee management, examinations, attendances, and many more under one distributed system! Sounds like mission impossible? Actually, the Inschool team did that and beyond!
The product was built to be cloud-based and scalable from the very beginning. The solution operates on AWS cloud and is based on the SaaS delivery model. We have a fully automated delivery pipeline and we do zero-downtime deployments multiple times a day. Also, InSchool is designed for customers first, so it requires a high focus on UX and wowing the customer. We have real-time customer analytics, log aggregation, and we use AppDynamics. Our goal is to keep the system as simple and useful as possible, so we use it for feature justification and trend analysis. On top of that, we are adding machine learning to improve usability and moving some services to a serverless architecture.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
- 3+ years of experience with Vue.js or React.
- Experience working with large-scale applications.
- Experience with front-end testing would be considered a plus.
- Desire to experiment with new technologies.
- Familiarity with SASS/LESS.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Vue.js, Yarn, SCSS/CSS, npm, jest/testing-library, Webpack, React, React Native, Microservices architecture, Java, Scala, MySQL, LaunchDarkly (Feature flags), Docker, AWS stack.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
- We develop products that solve real problems. Whether it’s for a small business or a big enterprise. And you will be a part of that.
- We love our code clean. We review each other's code on a regular basis.
- We constantly perfect our technological competence and so will you.
- Our coaches are technical people, so you’ll be working with the field’s top-notch specialists.
- We work in Agile teams and believe in “People before processes and tools”.
- We have internal knowledge sharing sessions where we learn the newest trends in programming languages, QA, security, etc.
- We also have our own library and anyone can order new books.
- We, the employees at Visma, make the final call. You’ll be able to join 1 of 9 committees which steer the company.
- We care about your health, that’s why we will provide you with health insurance.
- Of course, things like flexible working hours, a parking slot, team buildings, pizza Fridays, hobby corners, lounge spaces and lots of other geeky amazing stuff - yours for the taking.
- Unlimited work from home policy.
- Gross salary 2100 - 5200 EUR. Keep in mind that we are open to discuss your salary based on your competence and experience.
Looks like something you might be interested in? Send us your CV!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Visma is a leading Nordic IT company which creates SaaS software solutions. Visma Group employs more than 13,500 people (of which more than 4000 are developers) providing IT services to 1 million customers in Nordic region along with Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe. Visma Group ended 2021 year with a 2.1 billion revenue. In Lithuania we have over 270 IT engineers and we offer IT solutions to businesses of various sizes and industries using the latest technologies in the field. Learn more about us at www.visma.lt