Yuki is one of the leading innovators in the domain of accounting and financial administration. We are rapidly growing and, as a product driven organization, it makes us proud that our business-critical SaaS solution is used by nearly 75,000 entrepreneurs and more than 1,100 accountancy firms across The Netherlands, Belgium and Spain.
At Yuki, 200 employees, of which 65+ in product and development, give their best to allow entrepreneurs and accountants to work smarter. We do so by providing them the most easy to use, self-learning, community-driven, and highly automated accounting software.
We are here to change the world of accounting and we are looking for a talented and passionate Infrastructure Engineer to join us in our quest. Do you want to be part of it?
What you will be doing
Yuki is growing rapidly and as a result the amount of data we process and the number of users on our cloud-based application continues to grow, which means that we are continuously challenged to use solutions that support having a high-performing application.
In your role, you take ownership over our infrastructure and focus on improving and performing practices, like deploying, monitoring, configuring, and more. Working with the software engineers on a daily basis enables you to take a consultative role on DevOps matters and be closely involved with the products we build. By combining your expert knowledge with the insights you gained from the teams, you not only support our product developments, but also allow software engineers, product analysts, designers and product owners to do their work in the best possible way.
Each of our 10 squads is responsible for a specific domain or segment, for example, Core financials, Platform, or Intelligent Document recognition (IDR). Every squad determines the necessary technical and functional requirements for features, with plenty of freedom to bring in new tools and technologies to improve the processes.
As our new Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll initially work closely together with our Head of Software Development and our Chief Software Architect. Next to that, you will work alongside a team of skilled software engineers and product specialists, some of whom have practical experience performing DevOps tasks. The members of our team are eager to share knowledge and to keep on learning, to build high quality solutions, and to have fun!
Your key tasks
- Continuously improve our AWS infrastructure, considering scalability, maintainability and security
- Administer and monitor Windows Servers and SQL Server database servers
- Design and test infrastructure initiatives
- Own and improve our deployment systems and practices
- Manage infrastructure focussed projects, i.e. monitoring and security
- Be engaged in infrastructure related projects initiated by the product teams
- Together with the team; evaluate and iterate on strategies to improve our DevOps practices and execute on them
- Facilitate devops across the organization
Our tech stack
- AWS - EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Redis
- MS IIS, SQL Server
- Back-end development: .NET, C#, ASP.NET
- Front-end development: Typescript, Vue.JS
- Mobile Development: Flutter
What you will bring to the team
- 5+ years experience as a Infrastructure engineer
- Working experience setting up, running and maintaining Windows Servers within a public cloud
- Experience with Amazon Web Services Cloud Infrastructure
- An analytical, inventive and forward thinking mind
- Experienced setting up CI/CD processes
- Docker and K8S
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible)
- Deployment, monitoring, and application management scripting skills
- You feel comfortable working with a lot of freedom and autonomy and are ready to take responsibility
- Good communication skills in English
Bonus points for…
- Experience building accounting and/or financial administration software
- Top notch database tuning and administration skills
- Experience as software engineer
What we offer
- A full-time contract and competitive compensation package
- A training budget that kicks-in after the first half-year, sooner can be discussed
- Flexibility in remote-working, Hybrid working is supported
- Working in a scale up company that is part the international brand Visma
- Loads of opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Plenty of company events focussed on socialising, gaining knowledge and/or sports
- A diverse, international team based in our offices in Rotterdam, Antwerp and Barcelona - working in an informal, professional and fun work environment
- Creative and stimulating work environment at our office in the heart of Antwerp nearby "Het Eilandje" (with an awesome view over "De Schelde")