With your knowledge of Laravel en VueJs you’ll have no problem helping us bring our software to the next level.
Development team the Card Counters can use your help with migrating from an old platform to an API-based platform. Thousands of users will use the cutting-edge software you built based on customer research!
Unfortunately, we cannot enter the process with candidates who are not currently resident in the Netherlands.
Why do I want to work at Visma | ProActive?
What does Visma | ProActive do?
We work together to make the Spend Cloud better at Visma | ProActive. Software that simplifies all business expenses. We work with non-profit organisations like health care and education organisations, but we also work with business companies. What kind of impact do we have on a day-to-day basis? Health care employees have more money to spend on music therapy for children. Teachers have more time to prepare lessons. We make sure people are able to ‘just’ do their job. We free up time and take away the worry.
Who are my colleagues within team Card Counters?
You help make it happen with development team Card Counters. Together with colleagues from the Netherlands and Sri Lanka, you can talk about whatever: the newest Stranger Things episodes, getting stuck in webdevelopment, frustrations when renovating your house, Counter-strike tactics, and family matters. Curious about your future coworkers? Feel free to take a peek at our Facebook and Instagram!
One of our developers says: "Visma | ProActive is the best employer on every aspect I can think of: variance in tasks, freedom, fun coworkers, a great way of working. And how we've been doing things for the past ten years has only improved! That bodes well for the future."
Why do I want to be a front-end developer at Visma | ProActive?
- With an annual personal development budget, you can keep improving your work-related skills.
- You have the freedom to determine your way of working and can work on your own project during the annual hackathon.
- Keep growing: this job opened up because Macha grew towards a product owner position. Not a usual career move, but we gladly discuss your ambitions!
- We have faith in your ideas. If you take initiative, we’ll find a way to make a great idea happen.
- You have the flexibility to work from home or the office (Haarlem). We also help figure things out if you have a personal problem, to find a solution that suits you best. Working full-time or part-time is an option.
- A good salary with competitive terms of employment, a bonus scheme, and a pension plan. Based on a 40-hour workweek, you have 26 days off and the possibility to buy up to 10 more.
- The Visma | ProActive vibe: optional social gatherings like Mario Kart tournaments, annual outings, monthly cooking sessions, monthly Friday drinks and monthly Thursday (online) board game nights. Check out our Instagram and Facebook for pictures!
What does a front-end developer do at Visma | ProActive?
A front-end developer helps develop the newest version of the Spend Cloud. That means:
- Working on web development and user interfaces
- Implementing new versions of current features
- Building the architecture of the new Spend Cloud
Additionally, you’ll be porting existing features from a dated platform to a new platform, completely built on top of Laravel and Vuejs. In our current phase, you will be working on the architecture to make content creation possible at a later stage. ‘Building the building blocks’ so to speak. It’s important to document your work in order to share knowledge quickly and easily in this process.
What does a day as front-end developer at Visma | ProActive look like?
You start your day whenever you like, as long as you’re ready for the daily stand-up at 08:45 (Dutch time). You go over the planning and problems during this short meeting, like a bug you can’t solve easily from JIRA. Together you brainstorm ideas and you’re able to figure out what’s wrong based on a tip from a colleague. Better together! You also contribute to the weekly refinement meeting of an hour tops to keep things efficient. The team has a short and sweet discussion about projects from the upcoming sprint and whether all user stories meet our definition of ‘done’.
Not a fan of public speaking? No problem! But, do you enjoy speaking to the entire development department and others who are interested about your favourite parts of software development, work tools, work strategies or your favourite pet? Then we’d like to invite you as a special guest for one of our regular in-house ‘Camp CoActive’ conferences.
What should a front-end developer at Visma | ProActive be able to do?
- You have at least three years of experience with: the newest ECMAScript features, automated testing (jest, cypress of similar), Vue 2, and working with continuous integration.
- You can handle criticism, speak your mind, and give constructive feedback.
- You feel responsible for en engaged with the work we do together. You’re able to match the drive and enthusiasm of your future colleagues.
How does the application process work?
Does your first impression make us curious? Then we will schedule a meeting to get to know you. After this, we schedule a second more technical meeting. You will actually be working with the team to see whether your way of thinking and working matches Visma | ProActive’s way of developing. Everybody happy? Welcome to the team! Help us become the ultimate spend assistant.
We don’t need (unwanted) help from recruiters to find new employees, thanks