Visma Connect IdP is the central identity provider and directory service for Visma that enables Single Sign-On to all connected systems. It is used for securing APIs, web, native and mobile applications and to bridge the gap between on-premise and cloud. It gives Visma a single point of action for security enhancements.
At the moment we have 6+ mil users and 600+ applications using us in production.
About the team
We are a small and compact team, two of the team members are working from Oslo, Norway while the rest of the team is positioned in Timisoara, Romania. Most of us work remotely, but there are a couple of people who still prefer the office environment. Even though WFH is prevalent, we still try to organize from time to time to meet and spend a day together.
The architecture of the system is based on highly scalable and highly available microservices and relies heavily on serverless technologies. All our microservices are deployed on Linux based Docker containers and orchestrated in AWS.
Our stack is quite diverse and won't let you get bored and stuck in a loop with the same type of work all the time.
We use .NET 6 (C# 10) for APIs and backend services in general, while for the front-end we have multiple portals using Vue, Angular and Razor Views.
Everything is hosted in AWS and we make use of many services offered by them: EC2, ECS, SNS, SQS etc. Everything on the infrastructure is managed using Terraform.
We use a combination of SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDb) databases which work well for different scenarios. For MySQL, we use Stored Procedures and have a custom built ORM.
The delivery pipeline consists of Visma-wide hosted services such as TeamCity and OctopusDeploy. All deployment scripts are written in Bash and Powershell, while some infrastructure management scripts are written in Python.
Monitoring and logging tools include services such as Graylog, AppDynamics and Cloudwatch.
Network security has been ramped up recently as well by using AWS WAF as a rule-based firewall, while for protecting ourselves from DOS and DDOS attacks we have enrolled to AWS Shield Advanced.
Summary of the tech stack
- .NET 6 (C# 10), mostly ASP.NET Core
- Angular, Vue, Razor Views, jQuery
- MySQL 8 (Stored Procedures), DynamoDb
- Powershell, Bash, Python mostly for scripting and Lambda functions
- Docker, Nginx, Kestrel
- AWS SES, SendGrid and Mailjet as email message providers
- Teamciy, OctopusDeploy
- Graylog, AppDynamics
As a member of our team you would:
- Proactively take initiative and responsibility over the tech challenges within the team.
- Define the non-functional requirements for planned initiatives.
- Design and document the best APIs that can deliver the best developer experience to our integrators.
- Write clean, testable and maintainable code that implements the requirements of your task.
- Take ownership of your daily work and contribute to our good team dynamic.
- Participate and present in our developer guilds to improve and evolve our software and processes.
We expect you to have:
- Proven experience as a backend developer and profound knowledge of .NET C# (data structures, TPL, high concurrency patterns)
- A good understanding of how the OAuth2 protocol works
- Some degree of experience with writing MySQL code for Stored Procedures
- Some degree of experience with any front-end frameworks such as Angular, Vue or React
- A security-first mindset
- Desire to build performant, secure, scalable, and maintainable solutions
In addition, it would be an advantage if you have:
- Experience with the OpenID Connect protocol
- Experience with the SAML2 protocol and active directories such as Azure AD, ADFS, Google Workspace etc
- Scripting knowledge in Powershell and Bash
- Some degree of experience with Linux systems
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines and containerized hosting
- Prior experience or basic knowledge of AWS as a hosting provider
Visma is a leading provider of core business software for a more efficient and resilient society. We simplify the work of companies and organisations of all sizes, empowering people and helping businesses grow and thrive.
Think of Visma as an ecosystem of companies, cultures, and people, united by shared values and the vision to shape the future of society through technology.