Hello, our potential colleague!
Visma is not just about C#! We are technological fanatics. We do Java, we do Python, we do… basically everything you can think of :)
We (me and our colleagues :)) are looking for an operational engineer/system administrator for Network Area who will join our growing team of engineers in Kosice.
Now in Košice we have 10 operational engineers supporting Visma products and work in more areas like Linux, Citrix, Windows, Databases and Infrastructure.
You will be a member of Operations Centre, where you will manage our SaaS solutions. The team is international so you will work with colleagues from Kosice, Romania, Norway, Latvia. If the description above fits you, don ́t hesitate to contact us.
What you will do:
- Upgrade network equipments with new software release
- Install and maintain network equipments in our data centers
- Participate in 24/7/365 support for production issues and upgrades and pre-production installations at varying levels
- Monitor network services that are provided to customers
- Monitor data centres network services
- Install and maintain network services in public clouds
- Participate in designing new network solutions and developing the VITC managed DataCentres
- Work with different internal teams to understand product domains and address documentation/training needs
- Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly maintainable
- Work to resolve a running queue of application support tickets and debug complex problems as they arise
Personality requirements and skills
- English proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on call on 24/7/365 environments
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Telecommunication or at least 3 years relevant work experience
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams
- Experience in network optimization, testing and troubleshooting
- Strong Cisco IOS experience
- Good knowledge of Junos OS - an advantage
- Strong experience with firewalls (such as Cisco ASA, Checkpoint) &IPS
- Experience with DNS/Load Balancers/reverse proxies/WAF
- Experience with IP backbone technologies (MPLS, Layer2 VPNs, Layer3 VPNs, QoS, High Availability)
- Experience with routing protocols (eBGP, iBGP, OSPF)
- Surveillance monitoring
- Networking experience in: IP, TCP, UDP, routing, multicast etc.
- Strong knowledge in network debugging/troubleshooting techniques and IP protocol analysis
- Linux/Unix Server OS experience + scripting skills - an advantage
- Experience on PaaS and IaaS on public clouds (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, ..) - an advantage
- Experience in working with hypervisors - an advantage
Salary offer starting from 2500 EUR.
Does that sound like something you can handle? Let us know!
We will be glad to invite you for a coffee/beer and talk about Visma, our life in Visma and what can be your mission here.