Visma provides software solutions that cover HRM, Talent Management, Healthcare and Payroll with a diverse customer portfolio. Visma Labs is a team of more than 290 talented professionals in Latvia. We develop, test and support business systems, as part of an international organization.
Appical is the creative and effective platform for onboarding, engaging and retaining employees. We power the world’s best employee experiences by making it easy for our customers to create workflows, build employee journeys and improve connections. At Appical we are experiencing substantial global growth. We’re investing to accelerate our momentum and we’re looking to grow our Development team.
As the Team Lead development, you will lead and develop the technical team, in which you align with the vision on the development of product enhancements. You will be the go-to person for the company’s technology challenges.
Your daily responsibilities:
- Develop technical team and make technical choices aligned with the rest of the product strategy
- Guide the technical elements for the platform
- Motivate, coach and develop team members for high performance (about 10 people)
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Consult with the development team to assess feature implementation visibility and time consumption
Experience and technology requirements:
5+ years experience as a developer, including:
- Experience developing in Ruby on Rails stack and/or React
- Experience for a SAAS start up / scale-up as a team lead
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Higher education in IT or similar
- Excellent English skills (B2+ level)
- A curious and self-driven person who loves to find clever solutions to challenging problems, pushing the boundaries when it comes to what technology can bring to the table
- Great communication skills, ability to ask the right questions
Regardless of the long list of expectations mentioned above you do not need to be an expert in all areas. Equally important as all tech skills are how you fit the group as a personality.
We are offering:
A company with strong values and a vision to create a better world. Leaders who balance a steady business focus and genuine concern for people.
- Modern, spacious A class offices on both sides of Riga
- Remote work options
- Year-end bonus
- Motivating salary from 3000 to 6000 EUR Gross
- Friendly, multicultural and cooperation oriented team
- Talented and engaged colleagues in an international environment
- Health insurance, massages in the office
- Covered mobile phone bills
- Professional growth and internal development hubs
- Shortened working hours on Fridays
- Sports community (volleyball, physiotherapist, participation at public sports events, etc.)
- Social events (monthly brunches, team building, parties and etc.)
- Company holiday apartments in Spain and France, fruits, and snacks in the office
At Visma Labs we have a friendly and supportive company culture and we will do our best to make you feel welcome.